Tuesday, 26 June 2012

Galaxy nails

Like most people, I too was inspired to try Galaxy nails. My Geek and I love Star Trek so I thought he would appreciate it too! I used the tutorial from Nail Art 101 and it was so easy!

I used these colours and props...
Oh boy!

And this was the result. I was quite pleased actually.
Worth it? Yes!

I have since made them for my sister as well, using the same colours and technique. Cool how they still turn out different from mine! I also think it's cool to see how much difference nail length can make. She went to a festival 20 minutes after I finished her nails, and only her pinky suffered :-)


Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to fetch myself a cup of tea, Earl Grey, hot... ;-)


ETA: Some tutorials tell you not to use too much white, but I think it makes it look like nebulas which I think is awesome! However, you might want to try it using less white, should this mani be too bright for you.

I used: Rimmel Blue Vogue, Essence Special Effect Copper'ize me, Essence Stampy Polish, Essence Check me Out, Essence Twins Thelma & Louise, Urban Decay Aquarius, drugstore brand black, Essence gel look topcoat (two layers for me, one for my sister).

1 comment: