Monday, 21 January 2013

Miss Fancy Pants vs Soft Chinchilla

So, for Christmas I was lucky enough to get a bottle of Essie Miss Fancy Pants. I really like greys and greiges. Just in the beginning of December I had bought L'Oréal Colour Riche Soft Chinchilla which I used on the final day of the Lazy 15 Challenge. I immediately thought it would be interesting to see how both compare to the other.

So, here's my first ever comparison post =) First up: the bottles:


I was quite suprised to see the name on top of the Essie bottle, as my other Essies have the name on the barcode sticker.

L'Oréal Colour Riche 622 Soft Chinchilla is a true greige, where Miss Fancy Pants is more of a warm grey. They results quite differ from what you would expect from the colours in the bottles!

I tried to take some pictures in different situations because the difference in colour is quite hard to catch sometimes. I had my nails like this for three days and nobody said anything!
The third picture is probably truest. My hands are still quite tanned haha.

Click to enlarge.





So, are they dupes? Certainly not! Are they close enough together that you only need one and can skip the other? Well, that depends on how much you like greys and greiges =) I have both of them now and have no intention on giving one away or *gasp* throwing one out.

2 comments:

  1. Love the grey. I remember a few yrs ago there wa no grey hues, and now so many great options.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly! Rimmel Grey Matter was the first grey I ever saw (and bought), now we have so many options <3

    ReplyDelete